Louisiana Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser and the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board introduced Monday that Chef Peter Duenas of Guam will face off against 12 other cooks from close to the region in the nation’s best seafood cooking level of competition.
The 2021 Wonderful American Seafood Cook dinner-Off will be held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans on Saturday, Aug. 7.
Duenas, from Meskla Chamoru Fusion Bistro in Hagåtña, took residence 3rd spot at the 2019 Excellent American Seafood Cook dinner-Off with his prawn hash-topped Napoleon wrasse.
The 17th yearly celebration will get underway with opening ceremonies at 11:30 a.m. as 13 cooks, every symbolizing their house point out or territory, cook in entrance of a reside audience and a panel of nationally acclaimed judges, the organizers announced in a press release.
“Following a hard year for all of us, the Wonderful American Seafood Cook-Off is the ideal phase to rejoice Louisiana and America’s domestic seafood sector – the finest in the earth,” claimed Nungesser. “This calendar year we are fired up to welcome a incredibly talented discipline of cooks from all in excess of the nation vying to be crowned the subsequent ‘King or Queen of American Seafood’ ideal here in New Orleans. Each chef will be showcasing their capabilities with domestic seafood to existing the best seafood dishes.”
The 2021 Good American Seafood Cook-Off competitor chefs are:
• Scott Simpson, The Depot, Auburn, Alabama
• Wes Choy, Alyeska Resort Kitchens Girdwood, Alaska
• Edgar Teran, Someburros Cafe Phoenix, Arizona
• Jordan Scott, Perdido Critical Breakfast Club Pensacola, Florida
• Peter Duenas, Meskla Chamoru Fusion Bistro Hagåtña, Guam
• Robert Vasquez, Forks & Corks Covington, Louisiana
• Leon Vuong, 7 Seas Foodstuff & Firm Portland, Maine
• Denise Herrera, Red Warmth Tavern Boston, Massachusetts
• Austin Sumrall, White Pillars Cafe Biloxi, Mississippi
• Tory McPhail, Revelry Plate + Pour Bozeman, Montana
• Jackie Paige, Really like Rocks Café McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania
• Nicholas Huckabee, A Difference in Dining Myrtle Seashore, South Carolina and
• Jesse Cavazos, Nick’s Fish Dive + Oyster Bar The Woodlands, Houston, Texas.
For the duration of the competitiveness, just about every chef will put together a dish highlighting the use of domestic seafood though interacting with the stay viewers, celebrity hosts Chef Cory Bahr, a Foodstuff Network Star finalist, a Food Community “Chopped!” champion, and a previous King of Louisiana Seafood.
Every dish will be introduced to a panel of nationally renowned judges who will rating based on presentation, creative imagination, composition, craftsmanship and flavor. The Good American Seafood Cook dinner-Off encourages the high quality and wide range of domestic seafood identified in the United States, according to the press release.
To be qualified to contend in the occasion, chefs need to either keep the recent title of King or Queen of Seafood or be appointed by the lieutenant governor of their respective state or territory. The reigning King of American Seafood, Louisiana’s Chef Nathan Richard of Cuvée Wine Bar & Bistro, received the title with his dish of “Cracklin-crusted” Pink Snapper with pickled crawfish tails, buttermilk chili consommé, spring greens, burnt leek oil, fermented product, and bowfin caviar, knocking out 11 of the nation’s very best cooks, according to the push release.